Thursday, March 15, 2007

Man grows nails for 15 years

A Chinese man has let his fingernails on one hand grow for 15 years.

Li Jianping, 43, of Shishi City, Fujian province, says the nails on his left hand are one metre long in total.

He told the Straits City News he was very proud of them but admitted they could be an inconvenience at times.

“I never go to crowded places. And during sleep, I have to keep my left wrist under my head to prevent the hand from moving,” says Li, who owns a grocery store.

The current length took 15 years to achieve, but he first started to grow them 23 years ago.

“When I was 20, I read a news report saying an Indian man had let the fingernails on his left hand grow to around one meter. Then I made up my mind to surpass him," he said.

“Before 1992, my nails were broken twice in accidents: once when I was moving things, the second time by a friend. Each time I had to start over.”

Source:- Ananova

No comments:

Post a Comment